What is the Fire TV Stick?
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a new device joining the ranks of home entertainment streaming technologies. The Fire Stick plugs into your TVs HDMI port giving you access to your favorite TVshows, movies, subscription services, music, photos, and games. The Fire Stick makes it easy to watch your favorites on the go.
- Our best-selling Fire TV Stick, with the Alexa Voice Remote (1st generation).
- Over 10,000 apps, games, and Alexa skills, including Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix, and more.
- Access millions of websites such as YouTube, Facebook, and Reddit with browsers like Silk and Firefox.
- Launch apps and control content with the included Alexa Voice Remote (1st generation). Simply say “Launch Netflix” or “Skip ahead 5 minutes” and Alexa responds. Plus, play music, search for local restaurants and more. Just ask.
- Easily find what you want to watch with search results from Netflix, Prime Video, and other third-party apps.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost. Plus, Prime members can add over 50 premium channels such as Discovery and Eurosport Player. Channels are available as individual subscriptions so you only pay for the TV channels you want.
- Pick up where you left off. Bring hit shows and movies with you when you travel. Plug your Fire TV Stick into a TV’s HDMI port, connect to Wi-Fi and continue watching.
This device is using the Android OS which means you can use all apps that have been released for the Android OS.
These apps are available here with installation guide at:
Just plug your Fire TV Stick into an HDTV and start streaming in minutes. Use the included Alexa Voice Remote to search across apps and find the best way to watch. The Fire TV Stick has the fastest Wi-Fi and most accurate voice search of any streaming media stick. Shows start faster and stream more smoothly than ever before.
With access to Amazon Video, Netflix, Curzon Home Cinema, All 4 and more, there are tens of thousands of TV episodes and movies ready to stream. Watch live TV (including sports and news) as it happens. Directly access millions of websites such as YouTube, Facebook, and Reddit with browsers like Silk and Firefox. Subscription fees may apply.
Use the Alexa Voice Remote to quickly find what you want to watch. Just say “Find romantic comedies” and Alexa will show you results from apps such as Netflix, Amazon Video and more. Want to skip the opening credits? Say “Fast forward a minute” within Amazon Video and Amazon Channels.
MediaTek Quad-Core ARM 1.3 GHz
|Flash Memory||8 MB|
|OS Description||Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz, including popular HDCP-compatible models from: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse, and others.|
|Interfaces||High-definition television with available HDMI input, Internet connection via Wi-Fi, a power socket.|
Sources of Media Content
|Video: H.264 1080p30H.265 1080p30, Audio: AAC-LC, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (eAAC+), AC3 (Dolby Digital), eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MIDI, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, Photo: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP|
Audio & Video
|Audio Codecs||Dolby Audio, 5.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo, and HDMI audio pass-through up to 7.1|
|Audio Formats||AAC-LC, HE-AACv1 (AAC+), HE-AACv2 (eAAC+), AC3 (Dolby Digital), eAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), FLAC, MIDI, MP3, PCM/Wave, Vorbis, AMR-NB, AMR-WB|
720p and 1080p up to 60fps
|Video Codecs||Video: H.264 1080p30H.265 1080p30|
|Image Formats||JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP|
|Subtitles||Watch videos and TV shows with subtitles displayed. Subtitles are not available for all content.|
What’s included in the box
Watch videos and TV shows with subtitles displayed. Subtitles are not available for all content.